Kinkaku-ji

Kinkaku-ji
The Golden Temple, Kyoto, Japan. One of the many amazing places I visited on my Japanese Exchange 2004. Click on the image for more information

Friday, September 26, 2008

Things I love about Japanese culture Pt 1    日本語の文化が大好きなことは。。

Part 1:
Game shows


Japanese people are CRAZY! Their well known for their weird, yet hilariously entertaining game shows.
On my exchange to Japan, I noticed there is just game show after game show from about 3pm onwards..

For example a Japanese/American show that is currently showing on TV in New Zealand : I Survived a Japanese Game Show.



It basically consists of about 10 Americans going to Japan and taking part in a Japanese game show called 'Majide'(まじで)(meaning "seriously?!?" or "You've got to be crazy?"). The winner receives $250,000. It is a show within a show, and follows the American's lives in Japan also.




With its crazy host Rome Kanda(ろめ.かんだ), and the VERY excited audience, its not hard to see why this is such a popular part of Japanese culture.





Images courtesy of
http://www.abc.go.com/summer/isurvivedajapanesegame/index

1 comment:

Julie said...

is it true that the vast majority of japanses tv programmes are gameshows? why is this?